Over break, as well as during this past week, I’ve kept up with my work on Parallax as best I could. But there’s one little detail that did evade me — I forgot to record all of my times! So while I have about 15.5 hours recorded, I’d estimate I worked at least double that over break. And none of the work I did this past week was recorded. Oops! I promise to get back on track with my usual weekly reports starting next week.
For the last month or so I’ve been back home in Chicago (well, also Mexico for a week) on break. Unfortunately, this meant I couldn’t do any work on my thesis project. Now that I’m in Rochester again I’ve started to get back into the swing of things. My plan for this semester was to focus mostly on texturing all of our assets for Parallax. To that end, I’ve decided to start work on creating textures for one of the assets. Not only am I using this as a starting point, but I’m also using it as a chance to re-evaluate my texturing workflow. You may recall I went through a couple different iterations of textures for the Radart Gun early in the school year as a way of trying out my texture workflow using dDo. However, my workflow was sloppy and not as efficient as it could have been. In addition, I’ve upgraded to the current release of dDo which features a completely different shading workflow and dynamic, and it’s giving me a chance to change my direction.